Saturday, June 11, 2016

Well, I am starting to get the hang of this thing. .  . I think. I am still not sure what the point is in something like this as a recreational hobby. That said, here are some things I was able to do today:


I started where I left off on one assignment in Marlboro Island


 I built a photobox and added a picture of me with the one of the Blue Man Group Guys


I met up with a friend and we traveled to a far away land where we learned out to dance and play on a giant piano. My buddy likes short shorts


Then I went to this giant tree house which was pretty cool. I would like to learn how to build things like this. I also spent some time on top of this Mayan Pyramid which was pretty awesome


On the same Island I learned to dance I climbed to the top of this pyramid to see the whole world.


Finally, I went back to Marlboro Island to do some homework:( and meet up with a couple classmates.

So despite the fact that I see very little recreational value in this for me, it was kind of fun doing all these things. I learned to build a photobox and put my own pictures on it which would be great for a teaching tool. I also, built a photocube which could be a skill that will come in handy. I see other cool stuff that looks like fun as well. I decorated my hut a little bit. I did some shopping to fulfill my capitalist duties and I will probably keep trying to alter my look a little bit. All this is kind of fun, but the caveat is that I have to do it. It is my homework, which makes it NOT so fun. How will this experience work with my students? Will they truly enjoy it or feel the same way I do about it being "NOT so fun" because it is homework and required that they be there?

You tell me. .  .I would love to hear feedback on how to remedy this issue.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Mack, I'm intrigued by your comment and question that "It is my homework, which makes it NOT so fun. How will this experience work with my students?" I think you'll find that some students will love the building/creating experience. Others will enjoy the socializing. If doing "homework" in a space like this allows for more creative expression than writing a paper, some students (not all) will find it worthwhile. I'm thinking this could be a good tool to allow for differentiating instruction and encouraging a "learn by doing" environment. ~Sally

    ReplyDelete